You are constantly looking for ways to save money as a college student. The cost of petrol must already be eating up your savings if you are a young driver. Here are some reasons why college students choose car insurance with higher premiums. College students may only sometimes benefit from several factors that are used to determine how much car insurance will cost. ##
- Age works against college students because younger people tend to cause more accidents than older or more experienced drivers.
- College students are novice drivers, so their lack of experience raises the premiums. Driving experience is a crucial factor.
- No prior infractions can lower your car insurance rates.
- The premium will also depend on the person’s credibility; a good credit rating shows that the insured can pay for the insurance quickly.
- The cost of your car insurance could also depend on where you live. Some regions will have higher car insurance premiums than others because of seasonal waterlogging problems, natural disasters, higher rates of theft, etc.
- The cost of car insurance is also based on local accident rates.
- Another factor that affects the premium is car usage. The frequent long-distance driving by college students and their poor driving habits may impact the cost of their car ##
The top suggestions for reducing college students’ car insurance costs are as follows:
College students can use a few tricks to cut their Bajaj Allianz car insurance costs. Some of them are as follows:
- Student Discounts: Many insurance companies provide discounts for students who demonstrate responsible behavior. This can include maintaining a good academic record, as it is often seen as an indicator of responsible habits. Additionally, completing a driver’s education course or residing on campus may make students eligible for further discounts.
- Good Driving Habits Concessions: As previously mentioned, lower premium costs may result if you have a spotless driving record without any violations in the past. This typically does not take effect for students in the first year, but with a track record of no claims, the student may establish a reputation for safe driving habits, which could lead to lower premiums. Make sure you are well aware of the car insurance claim process. ## *
- Multiple Policyholders: If you have home insurance, life insurance, and health insurance as a college student, your rates for car insurance may be competitive.
- Concessions For Infrequent Drivers: If you are a student who only drives occasionally, your premiums may be considerably lower. Again, you might not take advantage of these car insurance benefits in the first year. Still, you can establish a pattern over a few years and demonstrate records of mileage usage that is less than 25% of the car’s mileage, which could result in a potential reduction in insurance premiums. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the motor insurance policy. ##
- College Tie-Up: When insurers partner with organisations and offer insurance to a group of people within the organisation, they frequently offer concessions. Your college or university may have a partnership with an insurer to provide car insurance at affordable rates. You should inquire about this with the college administration to see if there is a connection. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the motor insurance policy.
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance YouTube Channel here!
Standard T&C Apply
All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.